Specialist, Service Operations CenterAPPLY NOW
Specialist, Service Operations Center - Event Management
The T-Mobile Service Operations Center Event Management team is on the cusp of leaping into the next generation of development taking their effectiveness and efficiency to a whole new level and we are seeking a self-starting, motivated team player to join our team.
This Specialist is responsible for supporting the various business units, systems, and vendors within the T-Mobile U.S., MetroPCS brand, Billing, OSS application layer and an assortment of peripheral systems through basic remote network surveillance and first tier trouble shooting. The qualified candidate will understand how organizations function to accomplish their goals, driving daily objectives of application support and providing the best possible service to the group’s dependent thereof. The qualified candidate will facilitate interdepartmental communication to provide overall clarity, gain alignment, and achieve successful resolution as a part of the ITIL Service Delivery model.
- Works as part of a cross-functional team in a 24x7x365 environment to conduct routine remote surveillance and Tier 1 maintenance activities for all network nodes in his/her area of responsibility. Provides support to other technicians and engineers. Performs fault isolation tests related to network trouble. Monitors network alarms, and performs fault isolation testing on radio and switching networks and peripherals. Creates and responds to work orders and trouble tickets by either conducting restoration efforts or dispatching the appropriate technician for resolution. Escalates trouble tickets with third party vendors such as power and telco companies, as well as second tier organizations within T-Mobile.
- Operations Support: Answers inbound telephone calls from a wide variety of client organizations and external groups and performs the necessary support required by the caller. Provides support during large scale outages and disaster recovery efforts.
- Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency on company values and organizational requirements. Identifies, researches, and develops process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation.
- Works with more senior-level technicians to gain working knowledge of how to complete more complex troubleshooting and repair functions. Uses resource documentation for reference and troubleshooting network problems.
- 2+ years Data platform/application support experience in operations and support.
- Intermediate level knowledge of telecommunications networks. Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to report on analytical findings in a consumable fashion (strong organizational skills and attention to detail).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively able to communicate with all employee levels.
- Experience with identifying and resolving internal and external customer problems.
- This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment. Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required.
- Unix support experience
- ITIL Foundations preferred
- Windows support experience
- Knowledge/understanding of TCP/IP, Cisco IOS, Command Line Language, basic network configuration, basic server and storage array administration.
- Vocational/Technical Training. Two-year vocational degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Related technical military training or equivalent work experience.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
Other Available locations
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.