Director, Service Management – Service DeskAPPLY NOW
The Director, Service Management – Service Desk will provide strategic leadership and oversight of IT Service Management disciplines and practices across the IT organization, specifically the T-Mobile Service Desk, Major Incident Management and Enterprise User Management. S/he will build and lead a high performing team driving resolution to major incidences and enterprise wide technical support calls to over 100,000 T-Mobile employees across the entire organization. The Director will create vision and strategy for engagement with stakeholders to resolve and prevent future incidences.
S/he will use their advanced knowledge of technical support tactics, best practices, as well as strategies for effectively delivering resolutions to service request fulfillment, incident resolution and asset management. The Director will identify opportunities to implement automation and end user self-service to reduce the tech support call volume and increase customer satisfaction. The Director will lead approximately 70 FTEs and manage a budget of roughly $10 million.
- Design, implement and communicate a delivery model for enterprise IT services that includes policies and standards development for service definition and business case justification, service level agreement framework, key performance indicators, and flexible delivery capacity requirements
- Build and maintain effective partnerships within IT, business partners and external vendor network (suppliers, partners and vendors)
- Evaluate performance trends for deployed devices and solution to understand performance stability issues; where needed ensures patches, upgrades and enhancements are provided to improve products and service
- Facilitate and actively participate in the definition and implementation of IT standards
- Lead the implementation of IT service management (ITSM) processes and procedures, the identification and management of service standards, measurements and reviews, and the development and maintenance of a customer-responsive service catalog
- Facilitate the development of strategy, standards and key performance indicators to ensure the highest effectiveness of the service desk function
- Deliver data and reporting of KPI’s and trends in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly reports and as needed
- Lead a 24x7x365 operation, supporting, incident management, service request fulfillment, and advanced troubleshooting techniques for the entire enterprise.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and be ability to execute using project management skills
- Facilitate, communicate, and implement problem resolution strategies in order to achieve the best possible customer service outcomes
- Continually review the service provided to end-users and customers to ensure they meet agreed service levels and all customers’ requirements as well as identify improvements to the service provided through liaising with stakeholders, conducting customer satisfaction surveys and electronic monitoring
- Build, manage and motivate a high caliber, team-oriented Service Desk organization that promotes excellence and rewards results
- Significant IT solution leadership experience leading and managing an IT service team including coaching and mentoring others, assessing staff performance and providing for professional development opportunities
- Demonstrated track record as a strategic thinker, creative problem solver and solutions provider
- Ability and desire to adapt to a fast paced environment with changing customer needs, technology requirements and strategic direction with ease
- Experience leading Service Desk, Major Incident Management and Enterprise User Management for a large scale organization
- Strong intellect and business acumen, coupled with the skills of a pragmatic business leader
- In-depth understanding of large Service Operations & Service Transition principles
- Experience conducting ongoing processes to measure and evaluate current services and identify new services
- Demonstrated success securing high level cross functional collaboration/participation; ability to establish leadership credibility and inspire teams to achieve common goals
- Ability to persuade and gain the commitment of others to accept a point of view, adopt a specific direction, or take a course of action
- Demonstrated success as a leader specializing in the design and implementation of ITSM and ITIL processes, organizational structures, functions and technologies
- Strong leader holding multiple vendor relationships to high levels of quality development, including managed services
- Perform role of change agent and transformational leader with a focus on improving the customer experience
- Provide influence across the organization
- Experience working in growth environments and a proven change agent
- Drove automation to increase efficiencies and increase customer experience
- Ability to think strategically – can execute in the present and shape the longer term direction; can anticipate and envision what change is needed that will produce game-changing improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master preferred.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Visionary leadership – drives adoption of innovative approaches, focused on generating and implementing new possibilities to improve performance
- Strong Collaborator – builds relationships of influence quickly and effectively, partners with peers and markets to create alignment and speed to implement
- Creates a vision for team and coaches them to excellence and to delivering with quality, consistency, timeliness, innovation, and strategic perspective
- Decisive leader who is able to move business forward quickly while balancing time, cost, and quality
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced, constantly shifting environment
- Strong business acumen; incorporates overall objective in developing strategy and decisions
- Has awareness of each team member’s career goals; facilitates development discussions; and provides challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
- Strength in relationship building across business and organizational boundaries. Ability to build support at all levels
- Impeccable personal integrity and business ethics, driven by high performance standards
- Strategically-minded, contributing to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company
- Organizationally savvy; utilizes partnerships across the organization and leverages knowledge of formal and informal decision-making processes to accomplish work objectives
- Sets performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creating a cohesive and inspirational team environment
- Ability to address and realize both long-term and short-term goals and objectives
- Possesses a low ego; celebrates the success of others in the business; passionate for helping the customer do their job better
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.