Technician, FieldAPPLY NOW
Acts as a technical contributor within and occasionally outside his or her immediate team. Responsible for staying current in technical theory, application, and operational discipline. Takes on technical and project-related efforts, providing communication as directed. The Technician has a solid understanding of theory and application related to project management, radio access networks, backhaul to sites, signaling, disaster recovery planning and response, data services, and location-based services. The Technician has a basic understanding of theory and application related to network design, capacity planning, power systems AC/DC, and grounding.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Technical support: Provides technical support within and occasionally outside immediate team. Provides technical support in network performance initiatives, outage resolution and works to identify day-to-day improvement opportunities.
- Project management: Takes on smaller projects or portions of key projects / initiatives, providing accurate status and progress updates as requested.
- Operations: Identifies and shares potential process improvements and recommends them to Senior Technicians and / or management for consideration. Provides input on process improvements related to maintenance and repair activities. Assists in creation of job aids, scopes of work, method / statement of procedure, and helpful tools working closely with a Senior Technician.
- Continuous learning: Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to expand proficiency in company values and organizational requirements.
- Applicant is to meet the minimum DOT medical standards under 49 CFR Part 391
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to lift, carry, push or pull objects (weighing no more than 75 pounds.)
- This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another.
- This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist.
- This position requires squatting, crawling, kneeling.
- This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium.
- This position requires being able to feel, grasp, reach with hands and arms (outwards and/or upwards).
- Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods.
- Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods.
- This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
- Position requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Position requires being able to withstand working in a noisy environment.
- Position requires the ability to drive cars, trucks, or other equipment.
- Position may have exposure to extremes in temperature, humidity or wetness.
- Work day, afternoon and graveyard shifts, weekend shifts, on-call, and Holidays.
- Climbs stairs or stepladders to reach equipment and cable trays.
- Works in all weather conditions and in remote areas.
· 2 years experience in Field Operations and maintenance
· 3+ wireless telecommunications or other related experience
· Understands basic RF Engineering, Radio Frequency theory, and Electricity and Electronics theory
· Operational knowledge and theory of all interconnecting circuits to include but not limited to T1, T3, and microwave radio
· Operational knowledge of IP based interconnect/backhaul circuits
· Solid understanding of theory and application related to RAN.
· Self-motivated; exhibits initiative in achieving company goals and objectives
· Basic leadership skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
· Able to work independently or in a team environment
· Strong attention to detail
· Flexibility with ever-changing environments and priorities
· Solve problems using creativity and innovation
· Accepts and provides constructive feedback
· Solid skills in Microsoft office products with advanced skills in Excel specifically.
· Solid communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
· Supports key projects, providing day-to-day updates to Senior Technicians and Manager as directed.
· Collaborates with team members, actively participating in discussions toward achieving results.
· Supports team by contributing 100% as an individual, while prioritizing team success.
· Heavily scrutinizes actions to ensure the customer experience is protected to the greatest extent feasible.
· Quickly adapts to change, seeking to understand the whole picture to best adapt.
· Openly share ideas to help gain efficiency, solve problems, or add value to the business.
· Demonstrates continuous desire to learn and develop personally and professionally.
· Solid understanding of theory and advanced understanding of application related to transport.
· Vocational/Technical Training. Two-year vocational degree in a technical discipline or related technical military training
License or Certification
Must have and maintain a clean driving record & license Applicant is to meet the minimum DOT medical standards under 49 CFR Part 391
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
Other Available locations
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.