Assoc Technician, FieldAPPLY NOW
Assoc Technician, Field
Acts as technical support within his or her immediate team. Responsible for becoming proficient in technical application and operational discipline. Takes on assigned tasks, providing communication as directed. The Associate Technician has a basic understanding of applications related to project management, radio access networks, backhaul to sites, disaster recovery planning and response, data services, and location-based services
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Technical support: Provides technical support within immediate team. Performs requested tasks to support network performance initiatives, outage resolution and works to identify day-to-day improvement opportunities.
- Project management: Takes on tasks related to projects or portions of key projects / initiatives, providing accurate status and progress updates as requested.
- Operations: Provides input on process improvements related to maintenance and repair activities. Performs routine tasks as directed such as work orders, trouble tickets, surveillance, and first-level troubleshooting.
- Continuous learning: Enrolls in and completes training requirements to become proficient on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to expand proficiency in company values and organizational requirements.
- Operational knowledge and theory of all interconnecting circuits to include but not limited to T1, T3, and microwave radio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accepts and provides constructive feedback
- Must meet minimum technical proficiency requirements; proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Solve problems using creativity and innovation
- Understands basic RF Engineering, Radio Frequency theory, and Electricity and Electronics theory
- Flexibility with ever-changing environments and priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Basic leadership skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Self-motivated; exhibits initiative in achieving company goals and objective
- 1+ year wireless telecommunications or other related experience
- Basic understanding of theory and solid understanding of application related to transport.
- Demonstrates continuous desire to learn and develop personally and professionally.
- Basic understanding of theory related to RAN.
- Openly share ideas to help gain efficiency, solve problems, or add value to the business
- Quickly adapts to change.
- Heavily scrutinizes actions to ensure he or she has the necessary level of knowledge to effectively perform assigned tasks.
- Supports team by contributing 100% as an individual, while prioritizing team success
- Collaborates with team members offering perspective and actively listening to understand chosen plan.
- Performs assigned tasks reliably.
- Basic communication skills; verbal and written.
- Basic skills in Microsoft office products with solid skills in Excel specifically.
- High School Diploma
License or Certification
Applicant is to meet the minimum DOT medical standards under 49 CFR Part 391
This position requires the incumbent to be able to lift, carry, push or pull objects (weighing no more than 75 pounds.) This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requ
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.