Accounting ManagerAPPLY NOW
The Accounting Manager role is a leadership role within Revenue Accounting, responsible for ensuring that service revenue transactions and contractual revenue arrangements are accurately presented under US GAAP and IFRS, as well as Multiple Element Accounting adjustments. This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Director of Revenue Accounting. This role participates in operational month end close activities, development of processes and controls around promotional activities, and serves as a subject matter expert for revenue recognition. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in technical accounting, experience in oversight and operationalization of ongoing accounting functions, and strong analytical and problem solving abilities. This position will be a key liaison with Marketing teams and have frequent interactions with cross-functional teams within the greater Accounting department as well as outside of Accounting; including Marketing, Operations, IT, Tax, Legal and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analysis for the respective financial area are properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner.
- Accountable for identifying and communicating risks and issues impacting financial area of responsibility.
- Establish structure and standards in order to ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Possess deep understanding of business drivers and their effect on financial results and provide direction and guidance as to how they are to be reflected on financial statements and analysis.
- Perform accounting assessments over new revenue arrangements, i.e. contractual and promotional business activities, communicate accounting treatment to business partners and participate in operational implementation of new business activities.
- Deep understanding of the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results and controls.
- Serve as subject matter expert in enterprise project to ensure appropriate accounting requirements are developed based on a solid understanding of the impacted systems and the transactional flow.
- Facilitate analysis and discussion of financial data related to revenue transactions. Analyze and document any gaps and provide recommendations of path to solutions.
- Responsible for creating operational processes for functionality delivered on enterprise projects, including assessing control environment and potential audit requirements.
- Manage departmental projects and process changes in order to improve efficiencies in work processes and to reduce work in low value activities.
- Review the work of other team members, including providing constructive feedback, guidance and coaching to other team members while maintaining positive relationships.
- 6+ years relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Deep understanding of business drivers and their effect on financial results required.
- Broad knowledge of accounting with strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop goals and the process by which to meet goals based on provided objectives.
- Proven professional with advanced understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems, with solid understanding of US GAAP and IFRS. SAP and BPC experience a plus.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to interact with peers and team members to gain cooperation amongst the teams to meet objectives.
- Ability to develop and conduct presentations of technical information related to projects or accounting issues.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- CPA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Experience in revenue recognition preferred
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.