Director, IT Portfolio and Release ManagementAPPLY NOW
The Director, IT Portfolio and Release Management will lead capacity planning, release planning and budgeting across the entire portfolio of T-Mobile’s IT projects. T-Mobile IT portfolio annually exceeds 500 projects and $500 million in investment. S/he will build and lead a collaborative portfolio and release management team that will work across the organization to develop an effective, transparent, cohesive, and high quality process while aligning technology capability and strategy with business strategy.
S/he will lead continues delivery transformation providing efficiency to portfolio intake and release management. This Director will managing strategic partnerships and contracts with the company’s technology vendors to optimize service costs and the appropriate balance of in-house and outsourced resources.
S/he will collaborate closely with peers within T-Mobile’s IT and enterprise business teams to develop and ensure consistently high quality delivery of technology capabilities that will enable business value creation. Additionally, the Director will partner with the leaders of the various business channels within EIT to ensure that a centralized PMO function and Portfolio/Infrastructure strategy are flawlessly executed.
- Develop and deploy a singular governance process for intake and deployment across the entire IT organization
- Create a culture to drive continues enhancement for Executive / Management Reporting and Operational Reporting for the portfolio
- Own the enterprise Project Portfolio Management framework
- Develop the processes, practices, work products, templates, and tools necessary to execute enterprise portfolio management
- Maintain the project scoring models and the project categorization and prioritization framework (understands and insures alignment to the enterprise strategy and goals)
- Provide Portfolio Managers with guidance and assistance in the establishing project portfolio management best practices in their respective areas
- Connect product lifecycle from design, build, test and deployment with a highly orchestrated system
- Accountable for building and maintaining the integrated enterprise portfolio plan
- Optimize demand by proposing the rationalization and alignment of redundant/similar initiatives
- Builds high-level integrated portfolio plan (based on corporate strategy and cascaded business area goals)
- Review portfolio results with leadership, facilitating the balance of investment risk and objectives, estimating the delivery pace, and facilitating trade-off decision-making that considers investment, resourcing, risk, and delivery of business value
- Analyze the integrated enterprise portfolio for strategic alignment, value and complexity
- Leads the enterprise portfolio governance committee
- Provide governance across EIT centralizing a single source of truth with repeatable, scalable, accurate reporting. The team will provide visibility into projects that are struggling: financial, schedule, scope
- Lead transformation to continuous delivery of multiple teams: release planning; environment design; release deployment
- Provide leadership over enterprise portfolio plan and roadmap
- Create one intake, reporting, management process across the enterprise IT organization simplifying intake process by aligning program and project processes
- Develop and own automated daily processes to pull both project and assessment data ensuring data integrity
- Manage and report enterprise IT portfolio budget spend with all EIT Projects
- Provide consistent and timely financial reporting with the right data to enable decision making
- Accurately report financial variances and establish earlier warning of financial variances to address financial variances
- Support development of Technology strategy and storyline as well as translating into compelling executive communications / presentations
- Set goals and direction for the team and develop capabilities by providing coaching, direction and leadership to team members
- Manage strategic alignment and end –to-end process (intake to implementation) of all cross-functional Engineering and Operations and EIT objectives
- Drive and facilitate programs/processes to resolve competing goals, eg. project prioritization
- Establish and administer a technology project portfolio roadmap that aligns with business goals and objectives
- Identify and implement project management continuous improvement policies, standards and processes
- Provide key stakeholders with timely assessment and visibility of portfolio and component performance, as well as early identification of (and intervention into) portfolio-level issues and risks that are impacting performance
- Drive the execution of multiple work streams by identifying customer and operational needs; analyzing resources, costs, and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans
- Design quality metrics and successfully operationalize to deliver repeatable and predictable project outcomes
- Direct the work of program teams by assembling team resources that align team member skills and strengths with program demands; lead team activities to ensure program milestones are achieved
- Motivate teams and prepare individuals for growth opportunities and advancement
- Significant experience leading project management organizations
- Successfully led release management transformations to continuous delivery environments
- Proven track record of developing and implementing winning technology strategies within a large, complex organization
- Effectively led Agile transformation at an enterprise level (organizational change management)
- Knowledge and understanding of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures used to effectively manage a large-scale enterprise-wide project portfolio
- Retail and SaaS/Cloud Product experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master preferred
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Collaborative, yet influential; a strong negotiator who speaks with conviction while also willing to flex and compromise in order to create the best solution for the customers’ and business’s needs
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Organizationally savvy; utilizes partnerships across the organization and leverages knowledge of formal and informal decision-making processes to accomplish work objectives
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects with complex inter-dependencies while remaining quality-focused. Raises the bar
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Possesses a low ego; celebrates the success of others in the business; passionate for helping the customer do their job better
- An inspirational leader and skilled team builder
- A visionary who sees the “bigger picture”
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced, constantly shifting environment
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.