Sr Administrator, DatabaseAPPLY NOW
Sr Administrator, Database
- Responsible for recommending database solutions to recognized problems and for design and implementation of new NoSQL and Open Source databases. Evaluate database and software requirements and influence design decisions.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of databases in clusters and setup & maintain replication for active/active solutions between data centers.
- Responsible for configuring backup / restore utilities and developing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Responsible for setting up effective monitoring for alerts and capacity analysis. Also, tuning the database environment to insure optimal performance and resource utilization.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating documentation necessary to support the database operations by the DBA team.
- Responsible for recommending optimal schema designs for better performance and scalability
- Responsible for enforcing Enterprise security policies and procedures on databases
- Write and maintain scripts in support of database maintenance to ensure consistent performance. Maintain solid working knowledge of functionality of existing platforms and future enhancements.
- Coordinate with vendors to assure the continuing functionality of NoSQL as regards upgrades, versions, services packs, new releases.
- Provide 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for applications and systems and advanced technical support for database related project activities
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Configure and tune databases and operating system software to ensure optimum performance and resource utilization.
- Function as the technical liaison between System Administrators and DBA teams. Provide mentoring to fellow administrators.
- Minimum of 2+ years in supporting one of the leading NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, GemFire and/or big data databases in a clustered environment in progressively challenging and/or similar roles
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in Linux
- Minimum of 5+ years working in IT development and/or technical support
- Strong knowledge of NoSQL technologies interact and complement
- Deep understanding of internals of NoSQL framework
- Experience in tuning JVM
- Experience with MySQL and Postgress is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of various troubleshooting tasks (ex. Latency Analysis, Thread state Analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of installation and configuration procedures.
- Knowledge of add/bootstrap nodes to clusters
- Knowledge of remove/replace nodes in clusters
- Knowledge of replication/sharding/partitioning/clustering between data centers
- Experience in Data Modeling
- Working knowledge of hardware, including RAID, multi-processor architecture, etc.
- Working knowledge of networking and how it relates to database operations and connectivity.
- Ability to create tools from scratch needed for database administration.
- Advanced knowledge of shell scripting (i.e. command line applications, batch files, etc.)
Minimum Required - Bachelor’s Degree. Computer Science/Technical equivalent experience
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
Other Available locations
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.