Director, LogisticsAPPLY NOW
The Director of Logistics is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the overall forward logistics strategy for T-Mobile. This strategic role incorporates the supply chain vision of driving profitable growth through operational excellence in core partnerships with industry-leading third party logistics (3PL) and transportation providers. Reporting to the VP of Logistics, this position builds collaborative partnerships both internally and externally to identify new strategies that support T-Mobile’s vision and growth.
- Overall responsibility for forward logistics strategy and budget oversight and adherence, aligning with company and department vision.
- Leadership of forward logistics organization, ensuring the department operations run effectively and works with the supply chain leadership team to ensure all objectives and goals are met and exceeded.
- Demonstrates a passion for people and continuous improvement toward operational excellence. Develop, motivate, and empower the whole supply chain organization.
- Oversee distribution network initiatives. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure a smooth workflow transition for all. Negotiate with external partners to ensure most efficient and effective cost model.
- Key leadership in ensuring system tools (SAP, 3PL) support objectives and vision. Work with information technology to define, develop, and implement business solutions and effectively monitor and control these systems in order to achieve overall distribution optimization.
- 7 – 10 years’ experience with a Supply Chain company, including experience in distribution operations, warehouse, and customer service
- Bachelors’ degree
- Familiar with 3PL Suppliers in USA
- Telecommunications industry preferred
- Strong understanding of ERP, transportation, and WMS systems
- Budget and Cost Management
- Strong leadership experience managing large teams
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to assume a senior leadership role in the company, developing and executing on strategic business plans and objectives.
- Results-oriented, proactive, and self-motivated with the ability to take initiative.
- Strong relationship builder internally and with external partners.
- Exceptional strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Excellent communication and people skills at all levels of an organization and with external partners.
- Strategic mindset with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to gain the confidence and respect of the team.
- Motivates others by goal setting, creating a team atmosphere, and leading by example.
- Sound decision maker, balancing self-confidence and decisiveness with the willingness to receive and incorporate input on a timely basis.
- Works effectively in complex and diverse situations.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.