Sr Manager, Applications SupportAPPLY NOW
This role will lead the Quality of Service team within AppOps Frontline Systems team. They will focus on environment management, automation, telemetry and will be responsible for the overall quality of service of what is being delivered into production. They will work closely with Development, DevOps, AppOps, Performance and QAT teams.
- Leverage Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker and Pivotal Cloud Foundry to fully automate the stand up of environments, the deployment of code and the testing.
- Own DIT, QAT and Production environments for the Frontline Systems.
- Build state of the art telemetry for a fast paced environment that will allow for CI/CT/CD with minimal risk to the customers.
- Ensure non-functional requirements are injected early on in the SDLC and delivered with quality.
- Work with Test Data Management and Service Virtualization teams to increase speed and agility of moving code through non production environments.
- Work cross-functionally with business teams to drive improvement strategies, execute tactics.
- Review, coordinate and manage work performed by the team.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors to align and manage expectations of service including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex issues and apply knowledge to situations.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills; inspire teamwork and responsibility with team members.
- Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Provide 24/7 support as required
- 3+ years working with automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, PCF, etc
- 3+ years working with DevOps models
- 5 + years management experience preferred.
- 5+ years QAT or Production support preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with budgets and cross functional or multiple departments. Interaction between functions and department.
- Coach outside your team.
- Ability to manage remotely (geographically diverse).
- 6+ years experience supporting production applications and managing trouble tickets.
- 4+ years experience coordinating development efforts with various stakeholders, including business analysts, project managers, development, customers, and vendors.
- 2+ years software quality assurance experience including ability to define, review and execute detailed test plans.
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.