Specialist, Communications - Un-carrier PRAPPLY NOW
T-Mobile is the nation’s Un-carrier and the fastest growing US wireless company thanks to an unconventional philosophy built on listening to customers and breaking from tired industry norms. This company is changing wireless for good. Every major change in the last four years – eliminating 2 year service contracts, ending overages, including calling to Mexico and Canada, making unlimited data the norm – has been driven by T-Mobile.
We’re looking for PR rock star to support T-Mobile’s award-winning, ass-kicking Public Relations team. In this role, you’ll project manage the company’s biggest news moments, playing a critical role helping to develop PR plans and ensuring everything goes according to those plans. In addition, you’ll own PR for T-Mobile promotions and Partner PR for the company’s closest partners. And, you’ll put your skills to work in our opportunistic (news hijacking) PR program, looking for opportunities to insert T-Mobile into relevant conversations quickly. As part of this job, you’ll own the creation of media materials, including releases, alerts, updates, social media content, buddy mails, pitch docs, infographics, videos, photos and more.
We’re a tight knit team of a fierce few fighting hard against infinitely better resourced competitors to change wireless for good. The right candidate will join us and play a critical role across the entire PR team, pinch hitting on a wide variety of projects for teammates. This Specialist will also partner closely with our agency and internal marketing / product management teams..
We want someone who pays attention to the details, but can roll with the punches – someone who can move from helping plan a mammoth PR event to driving stories to creating supporting PR documents, all without breaking a sweat (or at least someone who can hide it well).
Essentially, you should be a multi-talented badass and natural collaborator with no ego, a hunger to learn and an unquenchable desire to beat up the competition while doing great, memorable, epicly awesome things.
- Project manage T-Mobile’s major PR milestones – Un-carrier announcements, major news cycles – coordinating across the Corporate Communications team.
- Lead PR around T-Mobile’s promotions (device deals, rate plan specials, select seasonal offers), create communications materials, pitch media and evaluate coverage results.
- Pinch hit on a wide variety of PR projects, including leading select announcements across a range of topics from technology to consumer to entertainment and more.
- Drive joint PR efforts for a select few of T-Mobile’s closest technology and business partners.
- Help drive opportunistic (news hijacking) coverage to increase Un-carrier awareness.
- Define PR strategy and lead the creation of materials for areas of ownership, including drafting press releases, alerts, key message/ narrative docs, Q&A, interview backgrounders, schedules and briefing documents.
- Own T-Mobile’s News Agenda update to ensure coordination across departments and Magenta Monthly update to ensure media and analysts remain informed about T-Mobile’s moves.
- Assist in the execution of PR events and press conferences.
- Be able to jump in on projects where the team needs additional support without needing weeks to get up to speed.
- 2+ years’ experience working at a PR/marketing agency or corporate comms/PR team.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to partner across the company and with different teams.
- Understanding of social media and its use in communications initiatives.
- Proficient using MS Office.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience with well-known consumer product brands and consumer media.
- Experience in other areas such as multi-cultural marketing/pr, community, investor and government relations in connection with issues management, crisis management, product publicity, and reputation management.
- Background in consumer technology and understanding of wireless technologies.
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation; we cannot stress this enough – you have to be able to think on your feet and pivot on a dime.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude with a bias towards action; a self-starter who takes initiative rather than waiting for direction; general ass-kicker
- Excellent follow-through skills – you do what you say you’ll do and dot the i’s
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, critical thinking, upbeat attitude, high integrity, persistence and personal initiative all are required.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.