Financial Communications ManagerAPPLY NOW
Help tell T-Mobile’s business story! This role will partner internally and externally with investor relations, finance and senior executives to ensure our story is represented within the financial community. This is a strategic role that requires an understanding of the financial landscape and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple and engaging manner. Must demonstrate aptitude to quickly learn T-Mobile business metrics, company structure, wireless industry dynamics, and the media landscape. This is an individual contributor role and reports to the Director, Financial Communication & Government Affairs.
- Infuse the T-Mobile financial story into a variety of storytelling opportunities (quarterly earnings, presentations, and executive talking points).
- Project manage quarterly earnings executive briefing materials; liaise with Investor Relations team to organize and update materials and key statistics for top executives
- Serves as key point of contact between Corporate Communications and Investor Relations and External Reporting on externally reported financial information
- Collaborate proactively with the PR team to seek media opportunities in the financial press and prepare executive briefing materials as needed.
- Serve as a key contributor for the planning and implementation of the Annual Report and the Annual Meeting of Stockholders
- Anticipates executive needs and prepare for multiple scenarios simultaneously
- Ability to consistently query and challenge others to make sure time is leveraged most effectively and senior execs have maximum intended impact when telling our financial story
- 5-7 years of demonstrated results in a fast paced, high volume position with some financial and / or investor relations experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Understanding of the investor/analyst community and regulatory environment
- Ability to quickly understand technical business strategies
- Ability to translate complexity into simple and compelling graphics
- Confidence and ability to professionally articulate messaging directly to business media as a company spokesperson
- Strong project management skills and ability to execute programs with speed, accuracy and efficiency
- Exceptional writing skills, and ability to write in different styles to reflect the channel, the sender’s voice, audience and message
- Experience with current web practices, supporting technologies, new media (including viral messaging, social media)
- Self-motivated with an appetite to work entrepreneurially; track record as a self-starter
- Team orientation, with a strong sense of commitment to team members and clients.
- Experience in wireless industry preferred, but not required
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.