Sr Analyst, TaxAPPLY NOW
Sr Analyst, Tax
The Tax Audit Analyst is part of the Transaction Tax Team within the Finance Group of T-Mobile USA. This position works with auditors for taxing jurisdictions and with members of almost all business areas within T-Mobile to determine and document the Company's tax treatment of any transaction. Understands and communicates tax compliance issues. Analyzes state & local tax code laws or ordinances and the application to T-Mobile's goods and services. Prepares reports on findings and recommendations to senior management.
- In-depth knowledge of state & local tax law, T-Mobile, and the communications industry.
- Work with auditors for taxing jurisdictions to understand what they are trying to accomplish and help them understand our operations, as well as the federal laws that limit or modify what information can be released to them, or limit how their laws or ordinances can be applied.
- Review complex telecommunications, sales, use, surcharge, gross receipts, and excise tax returns for compliance and audit documentation.
- Request from data owners or extract from T-Mobile's systems information needed to satisfy auditors' requests for determining compliance with their tax law or ordinances. Provide data to auditors in a logical format that demonstrates the tax treatment of the activity being reviewed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, economics.
- 6-8 years tax experience with multiple jurisdictions.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of financial and GAAP accounting.
- Proficient in Excel, Access, Business Objects, SQL, or other reporting tools.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple threads of work without supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving and teamwork skills.
- Ability to research complex tax law issues.
- Proven ability to communicate analytic findings in a clear and concise manner.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.