Senior Director, OEM ManagementAPPLY NOW
The Senior Director, OEM Management, reports directly to the Vice President, OEM Sourcing & Management.
In the spirit of Un-carrier, T-Mobile is focused on continued growth and strategic expansion both inside the wireless industry and out. As part of the continued push to revolutionize the industry, the organization has a strategic interest to streamline how we do business in order to deliver top quality services and products to our customers. The Senior Director will partner with OEMs and drive the negotiations, decision, and OEM performance across: Promos, marketing development funds, inventory, quality, payment terms, etc. during all phases of the device lifecycle.
The Senior Director will lead all enterprise aspects of device launch (testing, inventory, frontline training, marketing, systems, etc.). S/he will also be responsible for in market performance and end-of-life execution.
- Drive the implementation of strategy and plans and present to senior executives/SLT to drive key device roadmap and OEM decisions.
- Create OEM strategic leverage on OEM big bets beyond device activities.
- Serve as the key decision maker for inventory purchases above and/or below baseline sales/demand forecast.
- Collaborate with senior executive leaders across Marketing, Sales, Corporate Strategy, Engineering, Finance, Metro, OEMs (e.g. Apple, Samsung, Google, LG, Motorola, Amazon).
- Globally source, negotiate, and select devices and accessories within defined commercial and technical specifications to drive customer sales, billions on network technology efficiencies, and optimized investment for $15B in annual device investment.
- Manage OEMs and internal functions through the development, test, and launch of all devices within the T-Mobile portfolio.
- Negotiate win-win promotional and contractual agreements with OEMs that balance TMUS marketing net add goals, OEM purchase goals, device quality, operating free cash flow inventory, payment terms, etc. to drive market and financial advantage to TMUS.
- Manage OEMs and internal parties to drive device quality and device performance in market
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- A hands-on leader with a “roll up sleeves” mentality.
- Strong business acumen and powerful negotiation skills.
- Analytical by nature. Deep knowledge and understanding of overall business and marketing objectives.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to work cross-functionally through a large, fast-paced and complex organization.
- Ability and willingness to travel, especially to APAC Region.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- An innovative thinker that can respectfully challenge status quo and drive change.
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Proven skill in accelerating change; forward looking.
- Assertive and able to influence across all levels, including influencing others without direct position power.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- An inspirational leader, mentor and motivator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator who speaks with authority and conviction.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated sound business judgment.
- Organizational agility and the ability to read the subtle nuances of a situation and react/plan accordingly.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and manage available resources.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.