Sr Finance Manager - Modeling & AnalyticsAPPLY NOW
Do you enjoy leading an organization thru significant change? Are you excited by the challenge of diving into new topics and using your business analysis experience to help shape financial and strategic decisions? The FP&A team seeks a strong program manager with financial modeling, analytical and communication skills and a strong desire to drive efficiency and deliver value.
The Sr. Finance Manager will map out and define a list of dependent projects that will transform how the FP&A organization forecasts and analyzes business performance. The Sr. Finance Manager will seamlessly blend high-level strategic thinking with roll-up-your-sleeves tactical ability. This individual will focus on strategy and implementation, and lead projects to drive efficiencies in planning and analysis activities across the organization. The Sr. Finance Manager will leverage strong presentation skills in order to share and discuss results with executives and business partners in order to positively impact the business.
Longer term the Sr Finance Manager will dive deep into specific areas of the business to identify root causes; Meet with and present information to leadership; Validate business cases to give Finance point of view; Build new analytical or forecast models; or Develop partnerships with cross-functional teams.
- Leads FP&A organization thru the development and implementation of integrated and automated modeling and forecasting tools in support of departmental operating budgets
- Leads the development, interpretation, and implementation of financial concepts for financial planning and control for the departmental operating budgets
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, proposed market strategies and operating forecasts
- Deep dive data repositories to mine and discover trends
- Identify, develop, manage and execute analysis that will look for opportunities, expose potential risks, or reveal root causes. Present findings to Senior Management that raises awareness, provides actionable insights, and includes suggestions for course correction
- Develop expertise in multiple subject areas to provide well rounded perspectives.
- Work cross-functionally with other finance groups, accounting, marketing and operations.
- Utilize business analysis and modeling capability to perform scenario and sensitivity analysis to enhance decision making across a range of options and present findings and recommendations for prioritization of resources to all levels of the organization
- Lead the development of key performance indicators and benchmarks across accounts, markets, business units, and channels; develop process for measurement and reporting;
- Work internally and with strategic partners to ensure processes and procedures are in place for appropriate reporting and controls. Ensure that forecasts /budgets reflect current policies/procedures
- 9+ years in Financial Planning & Analysis or Business Analysis roles
- 4+ year experience writing SQL against large relational databases (Teradata and Microsoft SQL Server preferred but not required)
- Bachelors Degree. Finance, Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Economics, Engineering. Master's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience building and maintaining highly complex predictive models. Highly proficient in MS Excel , PowerPoint. Advanced MS Excel modeling skills. Familiarity with business statistics methodologies is a plus
- Proven ability to communicate complex concepts and analyses in a clear and concise manner to all levels of an organization
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision while manage multiple priorities and setting appropriate expectations.
- Extensive experience as a Subject Matter Expert in business case development and/or financial modeling
- Experience with internal reporting, variance analysis, and accounting practices in a publicly held company
- Proficiency in data mining and analytics software (SQL, SAS, or R)
- Experience building visual analytics and dashboard creation in Tableau, PowerBI or similar environment
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.