Sr Architect, DataAPPLY NOW
Sr Architect, Data
- Work with business teams and technical analysts to understand business requirements
- Architect, design, and build enterprise class relational and dimensional data models.
- Conduct industry research & trends for setting the direction of Information Architecture
- Stay abreast of information management trends and standards, master data management, data services, self-service business intelligence, metadata management, data quality, and data governance.
- Build & maintain Reference Model Architecture and Standards for communicating direction of Information Architecture.
- Serve as a technical resource for business teams to help define, estimate, and propose solutions for business opportunities
- Architect, design and build the data architecture layer (LDM/PDM/S2TM/Guidelines/Industry models) to drive solutions that will be implemented by the development team.
- Prepare visual diagrams of system architecture, functionality, and process flows.
- Develop proofs-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems
- Work with development, infrastructure, test, and production support teams. Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to define service delivery landscape
- RDBMS (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server) with strong working knowledge of Teradata and utilities
- Data modeling tools (Erwin, Power Designer) and standards.
- Telecom experience building EDW’s on Teradata in an enterprise environment
- ETL Tools (Informatica, etc.)
- Experience with Hadoop tools and technologies.Expereince in Big Data/NoSQL technologies
- Excellent SQL knowledge and ability to write and understand complex sql logic to join multiple tables from multiple sources.
- Experience architecting BI / data environments in support of Business environments – including formal processes and methodologies for BI solutions
- Familiarity with data warehousing components (Data acquisition, ETL, data modeling, infrastructure, profiling and reporting)
- Experience working with vendors to evaluate, select, and implement 3rd party solutions
- Demonstrates working knowledge of UML documentation of various business process and modeling to build Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, ER diagrams, Dimensional Data Models, Context Models, Event Modeling, State
- Modeling, Process decomposition, and Use Case Scenarios
- Unix and Windows operating systems
- Experience creating logical and physical data models based on the business reporting requirements
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills
- Minimum 7 Years BI data architecture experience.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience designing BI solutions on RDBMS Teradata version 13, 14 & 15
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Certification in Teradata, Teradata SQL or Hadoop preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.