Senior Product Manager, Consumer BankingAPPLY NOW
T-Mobile is focused on continued growth and expansion both inside and outside the wireless industry. As part of our continued push to revolutionize wireless, we have a strategic interest to expand into revenue streams adjacent to T-Mobile’s core business. Financial Services is the largest, most proximate adjacent opportunity and presents a unique opportunity to leverage our Un-carrier brand equities to create a disruptive and strategically vital reinvention of banking through a combination of expanded access, market-leading mobile-first functionality and unmatched value.
As a key member of the Emerging Businesses team within the Corporate Strategy organization, the Senior Product Manager, Consumer Banking, will assist in developing the strategy and vision for our banking business and then define and build the necessary products to fulfill that vision. You will be able to excel in a matrixed organization, rallying and guiding internal and external support for your products and vision. You will be innately customer focused, able to balance competing trade-offs between customer experience and development and operational complexity. Most importantly, you believe traditional banking is a broken industry ripe for mobile-first, Un-carrier disruption.
- Drive banking and payments innovation, grounded in customer needs.
- Keep abreast of state of the art in mobile application technology, Fintech, and mobile & web user experiences.
- Be a product owner and champion – own the experience – from developing the core capability to bringing it alive through a simple, beautiful & effective customer interface.
- Create and define product roadmaps driven by business strategy and emerging technology trends.
- Develop detailed business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture.
- Lead teams to think, fail and iterate fast with research and learning, rapid prototyping, and market tests.
- Use data and product instrumentation to continually and objectively measure and improve customer satisfaction.
- 7+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of experience building and launching consumer products on web and mobile platforms.
- Agile product owner experience – managing an agile team, writing detailed business requirements, maintaining product backlog.
- Experience creating both web and mobile product experiences.
- Experience taking a product from concept to launch.
- Experience in consumer financial services and payments (exposure to EFT networks, understanding of card transaction flows and/or money movement) preferred.
- Unusually strong commercial judgement and maturity. Strengths in problem solving and issue resolution.
- Excellent organization and people skills, and ability to set priorities, problem solve, and multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is required. A Master’s degree in a technical field or an MBA is preferred.
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Highly entrepreneurial.
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced, continually shifting environment.
- Think big and have convictions.
- Innately customer focused.
- Detail oriented with relentlessly high standards.
- Hands on. You roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- A sense of humor (and humility).
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.