RCS Messaging - Principal Engineer, Systems ArchitectureAPPLY NOW
Principal Engineer, Systems Architecture
Principal Engineer, Systems Architecture located in Bellevue, Washington will serve as the lead Subject Matter Expert for the engineering design and certification of various IP Messaging Solutions as part of T-Mobile’s Rich Communications Services. The Principal Engineer shall lead cross-functional teams and will perform feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features and services as well as create functional designs, deployment procedures, and operational processes. This is a key technical leadership position which requires influencing decisions made across the Technology Team, in depth analysis (both fiscal and technical), design of new features and technologies, and advising the Technology Team leadership. This individual would be recognized as a subject matter expert across the Technology Team and helps coach and develop new technical leadership and mentor junior engineers
- Technical Leadership:
- Monitor and influence relevant industry IP Messaging technologies and standards governing GSMA Rich Communications Services.
- Document options and impacts via research and creation of technical papers. Coach and develop T-Mobile leadership and cross-functional teams on technology decisions.
- Feasibility Analysis: Support internal analysis by documenting options and impacts via research and definition of technical requirements.
- Roadmap/Vendor Management:
- Monitor relevant industry technologies and standards and document options and impacts via research and creation of technical papers.
- Identify the impacts and risks of solutions introduction, and make recommendations on solutions evolution.
- Drive vendor roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
- Functional, Deployment, and Operational Design:
- Create functional network designs, MOPs, and standard operational processes to achieve optimum fit, integration, and operations efficiency.
- Provide network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment.
- IP Messaging SME: Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the IMS Core Network, IP Messaging platforms and Messaging interfaces using various protocols and technologies (such as GSM, CDMA, WiFi and VoLTE) serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external teams. Support the Performance Management, Capacity Planning, and Operational teams for T-Mobile’s IP Messaging Engineering Platforms.
- Design Engineering Point of Contact: Serve as a point of contact for the IP Messaging Engineering team for internal customers and liaise with cross-functional teams within Engineering, Marketing Product Development, and other stakeholders to implement and certify new IP messaging products and services with focus on customer experience.
- Advanced understanding of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and in-depth understanding of wireless network technologies and standards including 3GPP, GSMA, ITUT and ANSI.
- Experience with IP Multimedia Subsystem and Services (IMS) would be a plus.
- Excellent Technical / Communication skills:
- Strong analysis skills are required along with an ability to develop methods and evaluation criteria
- Ability to create technical specification and requirements and work independently and with no direction/supervision.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical specifications through documentation is a key requirement
- Ability to present advanced concepts to higher levels as well as peers and others in subordinate roles.
- Author white papers or presentations at industry conferences. Able to drive industry standards and socialize internally and externally.
- Prioritization / Multi-Tasking:
- Ability to multitask, and cope with a dynamic environment where priorities are constantly revised to keep pace with a highly competitive industry
- Demonstrated ability to flex between driving program, technical, and business needs.
- Project Management:
- Ability to work effectively in collaborative team environment.
- Able to lead project teams via effective influence to achieve business objectives
- Proven track record for the delivery of complex products or programs.
- Demonstrated ability to drive across organizational boundaries and manage new areas of responsibility.
- Comprehensive understanding of complexities of the business including key business drivers, budget process, CAPEX, OPEX and other levers of various financial models related to product/service success metrics.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with basic reporting tools such as Power Point, Access, Excel, MS Project or Business Objects. Hands on with MS Visio.
- Working knowledge and experiences with databases (Oracle, Cassandra, Hadoop) is a plus.
- Prior operational experience at a Tier 1 wireless carrier strongly preferred
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.