Assoc Engineer, Real Time Subscriber DatabaseAPPLY NOW
This is an Associate Engineer role on the Real Time Subscriber Databases (RTSD) Team within T-Mobile Engineering. The RTSD team drives the design and implementation of systems and services providing real time consumer data services to our subscribers and internal teams. The Associate Engineer will work alongside Senior Team members, own specific responsibilities within the Team and be mentored on various applications under the responsibility of the RTSD Team.
Roles and Responsibilities include interfacing with multiple internal users and T-Mobile teams on a daily basis. Research and provide Engineering design and architecture requirements for feature requests and application enhancements. Create product documentation, network designs, support capacity planning and help drive product roadmaps. Document and test all new hardware and software upgrades prior to live network rollout. Provide Tier4 support for the applications and services as necessary.
- Technical System Expertise: Understand how systems operate and the benefits of current technology. High level of connectivity understanding. Scientific method. Familiar with building blocks and tools related to technology assigned.
- Technical Engineering Services: Participates in engineering projects by adapting and applying engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Participates in activities designed to validate, enhance, and optimize network architecture. Performs validation tests and inspection techniques and documents results.
- Innovation: Understands and shares new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service. Question and express new perspectives based on independent study of the industry. Review current company processes to highlight questions that may drive process refinement.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Maintains clear documentation on systems and services used. Documenting system architecture, strategies, design standards and business requirements.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical team to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns new technologies. Ability to offer and communicate ideas and opinions. Ability to learn technologies being used. Awareness of technology roadmap, architecture, design strategies and standards.
- Technology Strategy: Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging engineering practices.
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Communication: Ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: Ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers’ needs.
- Analytical: Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.