Manager, Systems Design & StrategyAPPLY NOW
This role entails managing the design and implementation of Advanced Messaging services. The Manager for Messaging Systems Design and Strategy will partner with multiple internal teams, and mobile device vendors for requirements, integration, and overall service experience. This position manages professional staff that are responsible for T-Mobile’s messaging platforms. They develop engineering objectives and operational plans for their functional areas and ensure engineering plans are aligned with business objectives.
- Lead teams of engineers who are responsible for partnering with the business in scoping out the future of messaging and supporting operations ensuring consistent customer experience.
- Organization/Vendor Contacts: Manages external partners driving new potential features, implementation/deployment and monitoring. Obtains quotes and negotiates purchase for vendor supplied SW/HW and system Define network and service impacts between engineering, IT, and other business teams.
- Financial/Fiscal Responsibility: Contributes to budget development and implementation, manages resources to ensure final financial objectives are met within own area. Prepares and presents business cases and feasibility analysis to directors and senior leadership team to gain approval of capital expenditures and allocate resources. Processes and tracks POs against quarterly/yearly forecast.
- System Design Development and Approval: Develop and Make final approval on network design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment. Analyzes options and makes decisions to resolve complex issues.
- Development and Adherence to Engineering Best Practices: Ensures that Develop lab and FOA test plans for new major releases and key features are properly approved and executed within GMR standards. Works with Region or Market to ensure best practices (RF, Operations, Network) are spread across the organization.
- Leadership & management skills, including strategic thinking, self-awareness, and team focused.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to build consensus across teams.
- Mastery of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies and concepts.
- Solid understanding of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc.
- Working knowledge of wireless messaging services including SMS, MMS, and RCS
- Strong demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
- Able to lead research and publication of technical papers.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office.
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
- 3+ years technical management experience in a large corporate database management, IP, IT or Wireless Service provider networking environment.
- 2+ years skilled at management of RFI/RFP process, capital acquisitions and contact negotiations.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.