Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture – SDN/NFVApply now
Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture – SDN/NFV
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, WA, T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 72 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
Position summary – SDN/NFV Core Capacity Engineer
T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of 4G Wireless voice and data technology standards, transforming the industry with its unique Un-carrier strategy. The Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture located in Bellevue, WA will be responsible for designing and developing the Capacity Planning process for the SDN/NFV evolution of our Wireless Core Networks. In collaboration with different Engineering teams as well as other business units, the Engineer will support network evolution initiatives and the incremental and Agile implementation of software-enabled solutions for rapid-changing Capacity offerings.
- Support large NFV Capacity deployments with Quality that matches and surpasses FNE equivalents by leveraging knowledge across the entire virtualization stack and the enablers of Layer Abstraction
- Support Virtualization scope expansions with Dynamic Capacity Structures for emerging segments like IoT and novel Applications, as well as established consumer and business ecosystems.
- Actively enable Agility and Automation opportunities of NFV MANO, unleashing the potential of rapid capacity-architecture re-shaping for proactive improvements on latency, speed and reliability.
- Contribute to the strategic vision for the network and services evolution through the NCP (National Capacity Plan) on collaboration with Engineering Design, Finance and National Capacity Strategy counterparts.
- Design and provide 5-year capacity plans and reports for Wireless Core network elements of the T-Mobile network, ensuring appropriate planning and funding for new services and technologies.
- Evaluate and assess the Core network impact and cost from network changes and the introduction of new services or platforms into the network.
- Prepare and analyze data for network insights; communicate insights to influence business decisions and to adapt the marketing strategy of sales, new services, or new plans as well as customer experience improvement.
- Apply statistical and mathematical skills to identify traffic trends and profiles, and analyze drivers to improve the overall network management process.
- Work with national teams to best dimension the network for optimal tradeoffs between cost and quality.
- Robust knowledge of 3G/4G/5G technologies, particularly Wireless Core Networks (IP Networks are a plus)
- Knowledge of SDN/NFV and stack implementation alternatives
- Software Architecture proficiency including Cloud Computing
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to build consensus across internal and external teams
- Analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Readiness and eagerness for continuous learning
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and SQL (Knowledge of Tableau is a definite plus)
- Knowledge of Big Data Processing and Data Analytics experience is a plus
- Understanding of applicable Wireless industry standards. (E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI) is a plus
Experience and education requirements:
- PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or related, and 6 years of relevant work experience.
- ALTERNATIVE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or related, and 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering/Computer Science
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
We even do benefits differently.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
It's all about you
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
Sweet company discounts
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
Help with the fam
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?Apply now
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.