Senior Program Manager, In-store TechnologyAPPLY NOW
The Senior Program Manager provides senior level program management for their assigned programs. This includes driving initiatives and projects that contribute to the growth of the program, providing business analysis for solutions within their program and attainment of program success metrics. This position will work cross-functionally with Sr. Manager, peer PMs, Center of Excellence/Sales Operations partners and @Work Sales Management.
Use program management best practices, apply project methodology expertise, build strategic partnerships, set program strategy, style-flex and diplomatically leverage resource, and lead indirect or direct resources to deliver results.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership. Senior Program Managers in this team work very closely with technical partners and technical solution providers and must demonstrate the ability and desire to understand how the business uses various hardware and software technologies in order to meet business objectives, to assess technical solutions from a business needs perspective, and translate technical tools and processes into business language.
- Work cross-functionally with Center of Excellence/Sales Operations partners & @Work Sales
- Management to lead implementation of initiatives to maintain and grow program, method and procedure updates, communications, trainings and program reporting.
- Create monthly program dashboard with program highlights, projects status & roadmap.
- Understand, communicate, translate, and when applicable help define, drive & prioritize the execution of enhancements to, the technical ecosystem supporting the program area, system defects and support processes, and applicable technology roadmaps
- Manage any vendor relationships for the program including: SOW/proposals; vendor contracts, licenses & renewals; vendor invoices; etc. partnering with legal and procurement.
Identify and drive projects forward that contribute to program goals. This includes:
- Project intake and analysis; business cases; etc.
- Gathering and providing business requirements
- Participate in system Design (FSD)
- Coordinate delivery to Sales (pilots, surveys, training, communication, M&Ps, UAT, support models, marketing collateral & sales tools, etc.)
- Provide SME expertise for projects & initiatives that impact your program.
- Proactive frequent communication with program stakeholders, Sales, and leadership
- Develop strong relationships and encourage feedback.
- Personal Development: Showcase Program or Project Management best practices and complete trainings/certifications.
- Set Program Strategy based on program, department and channel goals and success metrics.
- Work cross-functionally with partners to align program objectives with cross-functional and cross-initiative directives.
- Style-flex to act as leader/driver and brainstormer/support per initiative or team dynamics.
Manage Direct and Indirect Resources
- Act as individual contributor and manager/lead for direct or indirect reports/contractors
- Frame up roles and responsibilities across teams to deliver on program objectives
- Diplomatically leverage resources, gain buy in, supplement and maximize available resources to deliver results.
- 5+ years’ experience in organizational programs, contract management, or related area
- 2+ years of supervisory or program management experience
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of and experience with budget management, including experience with financial principles, forecasting techniques, and the ability to analyze and prepare complex budgetary statements
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing medium to large programs, including identifying, maintaining, and/or adjusting the cost, scope, and resources, managing vendors, and overseeing the formal planning, tracking, and reporting of program performance
- 2+ years experience managing cross-functional teams
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- Demonstrated ability to work independently. Self-starter
- Strong program management skills and knowledge of best practices
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience with team-based program management tools, such as eProject or Microsoft Project
- Wireless retail experience
- Experience with third Party Retailers
- Strong aptitude for technology
- Retail technology (to include Printers, PC or Tablets).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“Best Place to Work”
Former High Volume Retail Store Manager in Shaker Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
Incredible leadership and fun environment with incentive to exceed performance goals. Outstanding benefits and a true team/family atmosphere. Truly an amazing company to start or continue your career with.
Advancement sometimes does not hinge on skill set or performance. TO be honest, this is a pain point of working with in telecom. Growing your career a lot of times comes down to "who you know"
Advice to Management
Nurture your loyal and consistent performers. Far too many times I've seen great talent(myself included) walk away for a greater role that could have been a win win for both parties had you chose to promote from within.
“Amazing Company to work for!!!!!”
Current Retail Associate Manager in Hartford, CT
Vibrant and innovative company constantly improving and heading up in the Game.
It's really hard for a Top Sales associate to move higher in the company as they make the same as Assistant Managers.
Advice to Management
Make the hiring process easy and eliminate multiple interviews. Assessment can be a bit shorter for the Job application. Increase Retail Associate Manager Base salaries. They basically run the show and does everything in the store. Managers overlook them but their pay is much more then the assistant managers. Some of the sales associates makes as much as Retail Associate managers. Which prevents top Sales associate to make a move to get into management.
"Best employer that I have ever worked for.”
Current Retail Sales Associate in Fayetteville, GA
T-Mobile legitimately cares about its employees and listens as well. When something isn't right or the employees have an opinion the company always takes appropriate action.
Nothing at this time, but I haven't been employed for that long. Should something change, I'll update my review.
Advice to Management
Keep up the amazing job!
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.