Sr Manager, Development ERP--IT Systems ControlsAPPLY NOW
Senior Manager, IT Systems Controls - this position contributes to the success of T-Mobile by leading the deployment and support of technology solutions within the Finance Systems Controls space. As a Senior Manager, you are accountable for building and maintaining relationships cross functionally within IT as well as with said business partners. Ideal candidate has strong functional awareness and understanding of SOX controls, systematic controls, interface and data controls as well as demonstrate past success implementing a strategic systems controls framework cross functionally.
This job will specifically focus on systematic controls and work cross functionally to create a strategic controls framework for the IT organization within T Mobile.
Leadership – Establishes goals for the work group, develops organizational capability, and models how we work together:
- Innovation – Foster a culture of innovation and thought leadership. Cultivate innovative concepts and provide opportunities to transform ideas into technology solutions.
- Industry Knowledge – Remain informed of relevant technology, business, and functional trends enabling strong contributions to the strategic planning process.
- Strategy & Roadmap – Accountable for strategy and capability roadmap (translating capabilities into technology solutions) for area of responsibility. Identify opportunities and assess current state.
- Solutions Approach – During project definition/initiation, accountable for defining high-level, shared vision/approach. Thoughtfully coordinate the deployment of technology solutions to ensure an exceptional end-user experience
- Communication - Communicates effectively with positive impact. Listens attentively, processes, and takes appropriate action. Facilitates the discussion of conflicting issues between individuals and across groups. Expresses ideas clearly in documents and written communications. Plans communication that is clear in purpose, and key messages while considering audience needs.
Solution Delivery/Support - Develops strategic and operational plans for the work group, manages execution, and measures results:
- Business Partnership – Advocates and aligns business objectives with technology strategies to deliver solutions enabling strategic business initiatives and delivering operational efficiencies.
- Product/Service Management – Responsible for management of application configuration and services enabling required business capabilities. Develops and maintains personal and team expertise for respective technology solutions, business functions, and processes. Acts as focal point for the solutions and provides platform point of view for cross-cutting work, issues and decisions.
- Technology Leadership – Coordinates effective platform management across peer technology functions - solution architecture, application development/engineering, quality assurance. Understands and coordinates potential dependencies across solution design, development, testing, deployment, support, and maintenance activities.
- Vendor Relationships – Builds strong vendor relationships to influence product roadmaps while managing contractual arrangements and service-level agreement compliance.
Team Building & Development – Our employees are key to our success: engage continuously to attract and develop talent with business acumen, technical expertise, and thought leadership. Responsible for recruitment and selection through talent career management:
- Performance Management – Accountable for the productivity, work quality, collaboration, and positive, engaging behavior of team members. Provides individual team members with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities supporting career development and formation of effective teams. Ability to manage teams comprised of functional, technical, and/or analytical professionals at a variety of levels.
- Talent Planning – Plans future talent requirements to support technology strategy and delivery roadmaps. Identifies required skills and determines approach to address gaps via partner development and/or incremental talent acquisition.
- Resource Planning – Fully understands and plans for required resources across solution support and delivery efforts. Ensures required resource capacity and skill coverage through internal and timely external staff augmentation as appropriate.
SETS PERFORMANCE DIRECTION
Translates broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
Creates a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
Broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Lets direct reports finish their own work.
DEVELOPS AND COACHES OTHERS
Has awareness of each person’s career goals; holds development discussions; and provides challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
HOLDS PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE
Monitors progress and results; gives feedback effectively and makes tough decisions when appropriate.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor's Degree required
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.