Principal Analyst, Applications Support (Sterling/Websphere)APPLY NOW
This position represents an employee who is both technically deep and broad in their technical expertise, and also bridges the gap to project management in their ability to take on issues, research root cause, analyze existing architecture and push toward ultimate long-term solutions.
This Principal Analyst position is a technical role with accountability to help transform T-Mobile to a continuous integration/DevOps culture. We want you to change the landscape and help us deliver faster, better, cheaper with focus on customers. A Principal Analyst would be considered a key member of our group, as they lead the other analysts and projects towards a goal of implementing a long term sustainable agile methodology in development and operations. Assess, coordinate and review all issues and impacts associated with continuous delivery of services to business. Ensure that knowledge and vision of team and company is properly percolated to less experience analysts.
• Interacts effectively with company senior management to effect solutions for enterprise business requirements
• Mentors team members on new technologies in area of expertise
• Prepares and maintains documents that include architecture diagrams, data models, and navigation maps in area of expertise
• Perform assessments for new and ongoing projects
• Identify high availability and disaster recovery opportunities, leverage high availability concepts from reference architecture principles and provide configuration recommendations and implementation strategies
• Review vendor’s current roadmaps, scalability architectures and Operating Systems Compatibility
• Conduct operational process and procedural evaluations, to drive consistency and efficiencies across all aspects of operations
• Contribute/collaborate and drive the development of data center strategy and technology roadmap
• Candidate should be aware of trends and advancements in web technologies
• Understands the roles of people, process and technology and how they all function together for success
• Can intuitively identify difficult issues in operations based on experience to resolution.• Solution focused
• Updates RDBMS Architectural Standards, Frameworks and participates in Governance activities
• Act as a "gatekeeper" into the "T-Mobile Environments" for any and all efforts; internal, external and cross-functional across various IT organization
• Must be a key contributor and a subject matter expert, and must exhibit in-depth understanding of web and database technology
• Familiarity with metrics and logging, AWS, cloud concept, configuration management
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures as it relates to development and operations
• Must be able to direct the work of others. Needs to use discretion to prioritize tasks and allocate resources
• Must be able to lead cross-functional project teams and coordinate the activities of others
• Organized, think analytically, good at solving problems, analytical, and focused on getting the job done
• Good interpersonal skills
8+ years’ experience distributed in the following:
• Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linus, Oracle, SQL, and databases
• DevOps experience in an enterprise wide environment
• Ability to lead a team and successfully managing technical projects
• Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
• Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
• MS or MBA preferred
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
Other Available locations
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.