Principal Architect,IT Digital Arch-Bellevue/Bothell,Frisco,TX,AtlantaAPPLY NOW
Principal Architect, IT Digital Architecture
The Principal Architect, IT Digital Architecture role is focused on providing technical and architectural leadership for key technology initiatives and business capabilities that will deliver T-Mobile’s industry-leading Un-Carrier strategy while enabling a digital customer experience. The Un-Carrier Architecture, Design & Delivery strategy unifies all aspects of the business, blending together in-store and digital experiences, driving the best customer experience as they cross device and channel. Technology solutions have to meet the pace and responsiveness of an Omni channel business, delivering rich, consistent, highly flexible and contextually relevant experiences across mobile, desktop, kiosks, point-of-sale and other emerging devices. The Principal Architect works closely with other Domain Architects & Solution Owners, Technical Leads and Business Stakeholders in a highly collaborative environment.
- Design software and infrastructure roadmaps/blueprints to define the next generation of technology at TMUS.
- Undertake enterprise analysis, design, planning and implementation using a holistic approach.
- Influence and contribute to technology strategic planning across TMUS, in partnership with the senior technical leadership.
- Lead by example driving engineering expertise across the full stack TMUS technology portfolio.
- Influence and build the architecture strategy and best practices for TMUS and partner across the businesses in close collaboration with our technology executives and business/customer stakeholders.
- Oversee the digital architecture vision for shared infrastructure, platform services, and the design patterns related to them.
- Create a forum for innovation with the TMUS technology community that drives thought leadership around TMUS digital architecture roadmap and strategy
- Engage externally, working with venture capital firms and startups to understand the different solutions hitting the market.
- Identify and champion best practices for enterprise wide Digital success with Cloud initiatives, Software Defined Infrastructure based technology, and deployment models.
- Develop deep understanding of TMUS infrastructure requirements with the experience and acumen to accelerate portfolio advancements, convergence and delivery.
- Develop and drive a technical community across the organization that fosters innovation, agile design and test methodology, flexible teaming, knowledge sharing and talent transformation.
- Represent TMUS both internally and externally as a technical thought leader.
- Provide leadership, inspiration and guidance to this growing team; foster a culture of transparency, collaboration and innovation.
Minimum 12 years of progressive experience in software engineering/enterprise architecture/technology leadership across multiple products, systems and/or platforms coupled with strong business acumen and executive presence.
Minimum 6 years working in solutions design and enterprise architecture delivering IT solutions.
Minimum 5 years of experience in Enterprise applications, PLM, middle-tier services, database, storage, distributed computing, virtualization and/or application technology migrations, in addition to 4+ years’ experience driving and executing Cloud and digital technology strategies.
Must be willing to travel approximately 20-30% of the time.
Proven ability executing high-profile projects and providing thought leadership to an organization.
Proven success in leading web hosted and/or cloud–based design, implementation and/or operations, and experience in building and deploying Enterprise wide Digital applications.
Demonstrated ability to plan and execute highly visible, cross business initiatives; valued as a trusted partner with Technology Executives.
Experience driving requirements and designs integrating within customer’s operational landscape including plant and field applications.
Proven success in working globally in a global matrix organization across teams and cultures.
Influential leadership experience with the ability to partner, energize, and inspire.
Experience in delivering industrial platforms or horizontal software middleware.
- Experience leading information security/cyber security.
- Ability to identify new approaches to complex design problems (federated identity, complex event processing, embedded real-time and cooperating ecosystems, etc.).
- Knowledge of technologies and Packaged Plaform/Systems including SAP, IBM, Oracle, Public Cloud services, etc.
Ability to influence non-technical aspects of technology change (e.g. business and operational architectures).
Hands-on experience in multi-generation technology planning, convergence and rationalization.
Strong at teaching, coaching and mentoring Engineers and other functions.
Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills.
Desired Technology Experience:
Blue print architecture
Technology recommendations and standards definition in the digital world
Drive the migration strategy from legacy to new digitize ready platforms
Secure, Feature/capability driven architecture
Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
Cloud Native Platforms
- Event based architectures
- Industry Certification in Architecture and/or Cloud
Bachelor's degree in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) or related field.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
Other Available locations
Bothell,WA, Frisco, TX, Atlanta,GA
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.