Sr Engineer, Radio FrequencyAPPLY NOW
Sr Engineer, Radio Frequency
- Develop end to end DAS and Small Cell Solutions
- Perform site surveys to evaluate location and identify requirements for system design, including RF data collection
- Model indoor propagation and capacity to determine antenna placement and equipment needs
- Apply link budget analysis, macro design, design standards, traffic analysis
- Understand and apply requirements for multiple operator systems
- Develop system equipment and materials list
- Review and approve final RF design construction documents
- Assist with system deployment and commissioning as necessary
- Document system installation and update internal database
- Collect data for post deployment acceptance testing to ensure requirements are met and the
- system integrates with the macro network
- Leads efforts to establish design standards in conjunction with national and regional engineering and development teams and ensure standards are implemented on a site-by-site basis.
- Develop deal or contract requirements with landlords and third party providers in conjunction with national and regional engineering and development teams.
- Mentor engineering and technical staff, as well as develop and deliver training materials.
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
- At least 6-10 years of wireless telecommunications and RF engineering design and deployment experience, ideally with UMTS and LTE technologies
- At least 3 years of DAS or Small Cell Systems design, integration, and optimization experience
- Solid understanding of (through coursework and/or experience) current wireless technologies, e.g. UMTS and LTE, including link budgets, relevant switch parameters, time delay considerations, and KPIs
- Understanding of RF propagation and tools. At least 4 years of experience performing desktop designs, preferably for indoor networks and 2 years of experience using iBwave propagation tool
- Ability to compare different products’ technical specifications and determine most cost effective solution for the location
- 2 years previous experience training and mentoring others.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally.
- Ability to investigate and solve complex problems and implement related work improvements with cross functional team members.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize assigned tasks in order to meet deadlines while also highlighting risks and implementing contingency plans.
- Ability to learn new technologies and hardware quickly
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Ability to use basic office applications: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook/Email
- Experience working on solutions in high density environments such as Stadiums and Arenas
- Knowledge and experience with DAS vendors, e.g. CommScope, TE Connectivity, Corning Mobile Access, SOLiD, TEKO
- Knowledge and experience with data collection tools, e.g. TEMs Investigation
- Knowledge and experience with Small Cell vendors, e.g. Ericsson, Nokia, SpiderCloud, ip.access
- Experience working with major third party DAS providers, e.g. American Tower, Crown Castle, Mobilitie, ExteNet
- Experience developing training materials for RF Engineers
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree or Bachelors Preferred
License or Certification
Professional Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
This position will require travel approximately 20% of the time for site walks, bid walks and various meetings.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.