Director, Business & Consumer LitigationAPPLY NOW
The Director, Consumer & Business Litigation is a critical member of T-Mobile’s legal organization, working on cutting-edge business and legal issues and designing case strategy to advance T-Mobile’s Un-carrier promise. This senior level attorney will lead general commercial litigation and disputes, including consumer class actions, marketing/advertising, vendor and dealer matters, regulatory agency investigations, real estate disputes and a variety of other commercial and consumer-oriented litigation.
- Responsible for case management, including oversight of outside counsel, setting case strategy, and setting and managing case budgets.
- Manage litigation proceedings and filings (such as conducting internal fact investigation, preparing and filling pleadings with outside counsel, handling discovery, reviewing legal briefs, and preparing cases for trial and/orsettlement).
- Responding to regulatory inquiries and other high profile matters for the company.
- Advise internal clients, including senior executives, on legal and business risks.
- Partner with key business leaders and legal vendors to align legal strategy with the business goals and objectives.
- Support senior management in navigating legal crises.
- U.S. Law Degree, and an active member of the state bar in good standing.
- 12+ years of handling a broad range of complex, large-scale commercial and consumer related litigation, including as lead or first-chair counsel on multi-party and multi-jurisdiction cases.
- Preference for both outside counsel and in-house counsel experience.
- Extraordinary legal and business judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer-oriented interpersonal skills.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to partner with key business leaders and legal vendors to align legal strategy with the business goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks and advance practical solutions.
- Customer-oriented interpersonal skills, excellent business judgment and a proven ability to excel working with multiple clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented and has the aptitude for and strong motivation to obtain a deep and broad knowledge of the wireless industry.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong executive presence and business acumen.
- Bias for action.
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation.
- Able to build trust and confidently interact with executives, providing forthright guidance and timely advice.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.