Principal Developer, Software Developer in Test (SDET)APPLY NOW
Principal Developer, Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Are you an engineer or computer scientist who has a passion for building great, high-quality enterprise software? Use your dedication to quality and software engineering to change wireless with the Uncarrier. Your work will involve finding ways to break our code, developing and implementing new automated tests, and discovering ways to improve the product we deliver to our customers. At T-mobile our SDETs are a core member of the development team and participate in the complete development lifecycle process. The SDET must be able to create high quality, maintainable, and performant code. We are looking for an SDET with a passion for quality and experience in software processes, test automation, frameworks and Continuous Testing (CT).
An SDET is a software development engineer with a focus on testing practices and technologies. They have the core fundamentals of any software development engineer and at times can perform that role, depending on the needs of the team. SDETs will co-exist and complement functional testers within a team or organization to develop a comprehensive test strategy to maximize business value while minimizing risk. The SDET role is agnostic to any software delivery methodology (Waterfall, Scrum, etc…) however the engagement model will differ slightly based on the SDLC.
The SDET is a member of a scrum team working with all team members and may mentor other team members on testing practices. The SDET will work under the guidance of testing leadership and be a contributing member to the test community.
- Design, develop, and maintain automation systems and tools to be used by development and test engineers.
- Utilize innovative test technologies to develop product test strategy.
- Facilitate creation and execution of automated test suites.
- Analyze user requirements as well as product architecture/design to derive testing requirements.
- Design and author test cases for unit, functional, performance, scalability, and durability testing.
- Write and execute automated and manual tests as needed.
- Review source code for potential problems; reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes.
- Analyze code coverage using industry standard tools such as SonarQube.
- Assist in assessing product quality and release readiness.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) test automation for new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented test results. The test automation will encompass the full solution stack (UI, App Layer, API, Web Service, batch jobs, etc…).
- Work with Test Data Management teams to provide test data by request, creation or modification for all phases of the development process via a repeatable and automated process.
- Participate in reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Write clear test designs and test cases to suit the testing of both small scale and large scale deliverables.
- Write automated test scripts to provide an ongoing measure of the health of the product.
- Examine manual and automated test results to determine (or help determine) root cause of failures.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience using 3 or more development languages (e.g., C#, ASP.Net, J2EE Application Framework, Siebel, Oblix, etc…).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses
- Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle
- Confidence and ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools such as [Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Lavbs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmin, Protractor] or other test frameworks
- Minimum 8 years professional experience using 3 or more automation tools (e.g., Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Lavbs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmin, Protractor, etc...).
- Minimum 5 years professional experience with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc…
- Minimum 2 years professional experience using CA Service Virtualization or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience using issue-tracking software and agile project management systems.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience designing and developing applications on Unix or Windows environment, mobile platforms (Android or iOS) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Minimum 10 Years Application Development Experience.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a developer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
- Has had agile development experience preferably in a CI/CT or DevOps environment..
- Specific work experience/skills required for each individual position to be updated by the hiring manager as these will vary depending upon whether the position develops user interfaces, middle tier and/or interfaces, database, business intelligence, or packaged applications like Siebel or Rightpoint.
- Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- or equivalent experience.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.