Sr Engineer, Systems DesignAPPLY NOW
We are looking for a new rock star to join our E2E Performance West region team! You can get the job if you are an exceptional E2E Optimization Engineer with deep theorethical and practical knowledge of the cellular networks, you are very familiar with E2E Perfomance Optimization, you have bright data scientist skills, you are an individual with a strong emotional intelligence and – last but not least – you have a true passion for the wireless industry.
Mastering E2E Performance Optimization: What we want here is an engineer who has been working for 7+ years on E2E Performance Optimization in LTE, VoLTE, HSDPA, UMTS and GSM. The experience could be mostly focus on RAN or CORE, a combination of the two is not a must, but it is preferred.
Exceptional Theoretical Knowledge of Cellular Networks. What we mean with that is a deep knowledge of the 3GPP standards, a very extensive experience in cellular network planning, design, optimization and troubleshooting, a proven track record of successful project delivery, superior presentation skills.
Bright Data Scientist. The skills that we are looking for here include Math, Statistical, Coding, Database, Communication and Visualization Skills.
Individual with a strong emotional intelligence. The ideal candidate will be a pleasure to work with. The skills that we would like to see here are capability to work in a team of peers, an upbeat attitude, flawless hardworking ethics combined with the ability to coach junior colleagues and at the same time the ability to accept advises from senior colleagues.
Here more details on the skills that we are looking for:
- Passion for Wireless Industry: you don't see the wireless industry as a job, but rather as a passion that allows you to help people to connect with family, friends and business partners through amazing cutting edge technology.
- Deep knowledge of 3GPP Standards: you know 3GPP standards like the back of your hand. Your knowledge goes across GSM, UMTS, LTE and LTE-A technologies.
- Extensive experience with E2E Performance Optimization: you have been working for 7+ years on E2E Performance Optimization in LTE, VoLTE, HSDPA, UMTS and GSM. You know NOKIA and/or ERICSSON HW platforms.
- Extensive experience in Cellular Network Dimensioning, Planning, Design, Optimization and Troubleshooting: During your career you have been a tremendous contributor to projects which included Dimensioning, Planning, Design, Optimization and Troubleshooting.
- Proven track record of successful project design and delivery: in your career you have envisioned, proposed and successfully delivered projects in the wireless industry. Some of these projects were groundbreaking and have led to recommendations that have been implemented across several markets, regions and networks.
- Superior presentation skills: you have the ability to express very complicated concepts in very short and elegant presentations. You have created successfully delivered presentations to Directors, Sr Directors, VP and Executive VP.
- Math skills: you think that math is the foundation of technology and there is no technology without math. You look at math as the fundamental blocks to describe the tangible world around us.
- Statistical skills: you love statistics because allows you to model the reality around you, and you can apply to your job on daily basis.
- Coding skills: You are familiar and/or proficient with some of these coding languages C, C++, VB, R, Python, SPSS, SAS, ALTERYX, MATLAB, and SQL.
- Database skills: You know how to write queries and you always managed to stay out of troubles with the database administrators.
- Communication skills: People actually enjoy talking business with you because you make sense and you go straight to the point.
- Visualization skills: your presentations are beautiful. The graphical representations are so good that when you put them in a PPT you need very little text in the slides to describe your point.
- Data Scientist skills: You think that solving a problem starts with asking the right questions, and you are good at asking the right questions! You can generate hypothesis and educated guess for cellular network optimization issues.
- Team work skills: You get things done, but in the process you keep your cool. You keep your ego at check. You think it is all about the team and you prioritize the mission success to your personal success. You treat people the way you expect people to treat you.
- Extreme ownership skills: if something goes wrong you don’t look around trying to blame others, but rather you take ownership of the failure and you try to fix what can be be fixed and then you de-brief with the team on what could be learned and what you need to do better next time around.
•Advanced understanding of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc.
•Strong Technical Writing and presentation skills
•Able to articulate technical strategies
•Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
•Strong proficiency with MS Office
•Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
•5-7+ years Technical engineering experience
•High School Diploma/GED
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.