Project Manager, TechnicalAPPLY NOW
Project Manager, Technical
The project manager, technical designed to offload day-to-day project delivery oversight responsibilities from Sr Mgrs and Directors. This role is accountable for stewardship of large, cross functional development and systems integration projects for T-Mobile USA. The Project Manager owns solution delivery and is ultimately responsible for development project leadership, management, quality, and timely delivery.
The project manager has to work effectively with Leadership and multiple stakeholders to apply customer relationship management practices, including the identification of appropriate, mutually agreed objectives. The Delivery Manager must also be able to work effectively with and lead technical personnel (Development Team Managers, Systems Analysts, Developers, Testers), and clearly translate business priorities and objectives into technical solutions.
- Ensures coordination of delivery teams within various domains
- Works with development leads to define code drops and coordinates the alignment of code drop dependencies
- Provide overall development project leadership, and direct project teams in the delivery of high-quality products within committed timeframes.
- Coordinates through the development managers all delivery activities and act as the escalation point for all development and build issues specific to projects.
- Coordinate with the development teams to ensure the right teams are working on the right build components at the right time, with clear expectations of milestones and goals.
- Coordinates and communicates night of deployment status and issues to leadership on planned deployment activity dates
- Defining and tracking each projects, timeline, and budget
- Manage and track all requirements, development, test and deployment activities
- Coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features
- Maintain team program RACI
- Responsible for maintaining the weekly status of each project within the project Portfolio
- Maintain regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
- Risk/issue and escalation management
- Maintain the budget - track current spend and forecasted items maintaining +/- 5% variance, if applicable
- 5+ years of software development and project experience Prefer knowledge of application development and system architecture
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders at an executive level
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Apply best practices to the software development lifecycle for projects based on experiences with a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across teams using very different approaches
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross functional, projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes excellent listening skills, concise communications and targeting the message to specific audiences.
- Quantitative analytical abilities.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Some vendor management experience.
- A four year degree is required
- Strong communication
- Agile experience
- PMP certification
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.