Sr Developer, Software CloudAPPLY NOW
Sr Software Developer (Cloud)
**We are open to re-training on cloud technologies so if you are a solid developer we want to hear from you.
Join the next wave of innovation that is happening at T-Mobile. Work on projects that challenge your intellect, passion, drive and curiosity. We are looking for a great Cloud DevOps Engineer to raise the bar for a high-performing team that delivers large scale solutions on the cloud. If you are looking to work on projects that are top organizational priority for the company, provide compelling end-user experiences and improve customer satisfaction, look no further!
- Write high-quality code and mentor others to do the same
- Lead the development efforts for cloud-based applications and infrastructure
- Create development standards/guidelines for app teams, help them follow the DevOps model
- Develop wire-frames and proof-of-concepts
- Translate business and functional requirements into documented technical specifications
- Develop support documentation for acceptance of systems changes into production
- Participate in code reviews and walkthroughs of technical specifications with other members of the technical team
- Communicate design, requirements, functionality and limitations of systems/applications
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Utilize departmental agile software development methodologies as a guide for development activities
- Meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables. Communicate updates on project progress to development and project management. Escalate issues which may affect project success to management
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training
- Collaborate with other teams including Business, Enterprise Testing, Release Management, Project Management and Application Support for successful delivery of systems enhancements
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Attitude and aptitude for continually learning new things
- Highly competent in at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, C#, VB.NET or Objective-C
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud technologies, big data, map-reduce, etc.
- Experience with a server-side web application technology such as: Node.js, JSP, ASP.NET
- Experience with UI frameworks and technologies (Angular JS, D3, Bootstrap)
- Hands-on coding experience developing and designing software and/or responsive web-based solutions (adaptive design)
- Solid understanding of software development frameworks, architecture concepts and terminology
- Competent using version control systems such as GIT, SVN, VSS
- Well-versed, having worked with continuous integration and development (CI/CD) methodologies
All qualifications above, plus:
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Highly competent in at least TWO of the following languages and expert in at least one: Java, Python, C#, VB.NET or Objective-C
- Expert in at least one of the following domains: public cloud (AWS/Azure), server-side web dev, client-side web dev, REST/web services
- Good knowledge of design principles and best practices for implementing web APIs
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.