Director, Service Management – End User SupportAPPLY NOW
The Director, Service Management – End User Support will provide strategic leadership and oversight of enterprise desktop end user support (ITA) and practices across T-Mobile, specifically the desktop support, unified communications, mobility solutions and secure access technologies. S/he will lead technical support for all technology operated by over 100,000 T-Mobile employees across the entire organization including call centers, retail stores, network operations and corporate employees.
The Director will create vision and strategy for the Technical Support Organization to drive efficiencies and improve the user experience. S/he will use their advanced knowledge of technical support tactics, best practices, as well as strategies for effectively delivering resolutions to service request fulfillment, incident resolution and asset management. The role requires an in-depth knowledge of industry best practices as it relates to Technical Support.
The Director will lead the strategic relationship and contractual agreements for managed service providers, asset warrantees, as well as lead approximately 100 geographically dispersed FTEs. The Director will manage a budget of roughly $30 million.
- Lead high performing team through transformation while managing end-user technologies and services supporting all enterprise divisions at T-Mobile
- Build and maintain effective partnerships within IT, business partners and external vendor network (suppliers, partners and vendors)
- Evaluate performance trends for deployed devices and solution to understand performance stability issues; where needed ensures patches, upgrades and enhancements are provided to improve products and service
- Develop strategy, standards and key performance indicators to ensure the highest effectiveness of the ITA function
- Lead deployment, security, configuration and maintenance of laptops and desktops, both for Windows-based and Apple-based machines within the organization
- Oversee managed services and vendor relationships to align with business goals and objectives to ensure established service level requirements are met, drive relationship and contract value realization
- Deliver data and reporting of KPI’s and trends in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly reports and as needed
- Lead a 24x7x365 operation, supporting, incident management, service request fulfillment, and advanced troubleshooting techniques for the entire enterprise.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and be ability to execute using project management skills
- Facilitate, communicate, and implement problem resolution strategies in order to achieve the best possible customer service outcomes
- Continually review the service provided to end-users and customers to ensure they meet agreed service levels and all customers’ requirements as well as identify improvements to the service provided through liaising with stakeholders, conducting customer satisfaction surveys and electronic monitoring
- Build, manage and motivate a high caliber, team-oriented ITA End User Support organization that promotes excellence and rewards results
- Significant IT solution leadership experience leading and managing an IT service team including coaching and mentoring others, assessing staff performance and providing for professional development opportunities
- Demonstrated track record as a strategic thinker, creative problem solver and solutions provider
- Ability and desire to adapt to a fast paced environment with changing customer needs, technology requirements and strategic direction with ease
- Desire to traverse the strategic and tactical needs of the organization Experience in information technology strategy, operations, planning and implementation including technical architecture design and technology assessment
- Experience leading a large geographically diverse enterprise support organization
- Strong intellect and business acumen, coupled with the skills of a pragmatic business leader
- Ability to work independently and support multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Experience conducting ongoing processes to measure and evaluate current services and identify new services
- An unwavering commitment to personal and professional ethics and integrity
- Demonstrated success securing high level cross functional collaboration/participation; ability to establish leadership credibility and inspire teams to achieve common goals
- Ability to persuade and gain the commitment of others to accept a point of view, adopt a specific direction, or take a course of action
- Experience establishing vendor relationships and managing delivery through onsite and offsite vendors
- Strong leader holding multiple vendor relationships to high levels of quality development, including managed services
- Perform role of change agent and transformational leader with a focus on improving the customer experience
- Provide influence across the organization
- Experience working in growth environments and a proven change agent
- Drove automation to increase efficiencies and increase customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master preferred
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Visionary leadership – drives adoption of innovative approaches, focused on generating and implementing new possibilities to improve performance
- Strong Collaborator – builds relationships of influence quickly and effectively, partners with peers and markets to create alignment and speed to implement
- Creates a vision for team and coaches them to excellence and to delivering with quality, consistency, timeliness, innovation, and strategic perspective
- Decisive leader who is able to move business forward quickly while balancing time, cost, and quality
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced, constantly shifting environment
- Strong business acumen; incorporates overall objective in developing strategy and decisions
- Strength in relationship building across business and organizational boundaries
- Ability to build support at all levels
- Results oriented and does what is necessary to improve performance; balances the resources necessary to produce desired outcomes; tracks and monitors performance
- High level of intelligence with a keen analytical mind and clear intellectual curiosity
- Strategically-minded, contributing to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company
- Organizationally savvy; utilizes partnerships across the organization and leverages knowledge of formal and informal decision-making processes to accomplish work objectives
- Sets performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creating a cohesive and inspirational team environment
- Ability to address and realize both long-term and short-term goals and objectives
- Possesses a low ego; celebrates the success of others in the business; passionate for helping the customer do their job better
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.