Store Development ManagerAPPLY NOW
The Store Development Manager role contributes to T-Mobile's success by managing the store development for new retail store locations in T-Mobile's Dealer channel. This position will work closely with both the Account Management and Operations Teams, along with various vendors and dealers to build and open successful new retail stores. This position is responsible for project managing the entire build-out process of both new dealer retail stores, and exclusive sub-dealer stores, as well as retail store remodels.
- Provide project management services on medium sized (800 – 1,500 sf) construction projects.
- Develop and maintain store build out schedules, issues lists, status reports, project resource plans, operational transition plans, and other project deliverables as defined by the Channel Development Team; identify risks in build outs and use proven PM techniques to assess and mitigate.
- Coordinate and request build out resources; coordinate resources from a number of functional areas to identify tasks and estimates and complete project deliverables.
- Manage deliverables to approved project scope; ensuring potential changes to scope are addressed.
- Schedule and oversee site survey through signage/fixture vendors. Work with fixture and signage vendors on the scheduling of installation and delivery of signage and fixtures for each build out.
- Oversee dealer builds to ensure stores are being built to T-Mobile brand standards and are delivered in a timely manner.
- Review dealer signage and submit documentation for pre-approval entry and final approval.
- 3+ years of Construction Project Management experience using structured methodology.
- 2+ years of structured business analysis and problem solving experience.
- Experience working with multiple vendors to construct stores within tight timelines.
- Past experience understanding and communicating multiple work stream schedules.
- Prior cross-functional team management experience.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering solutions and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven experience managing geographically diverse teams and/or teams in a matrix organization.
- Experience in constructing and developing retail stores.
- Wireless, Telecommunications, and/or Sales industry experience.
- Project Management Certification.
- Bachelors Degree
- Equivalent work experience considered in lieu of degree
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“Best Place to Work”
Former High Volume Retail Store Manager in Shaker Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
Incredible leadership and fun environment with incentive to exceed performance goals. Outstanding benefits and a true team/family atmosphere. Truly an amazing company to start or continue your career with.
Advancement sometimes does not hinge on skill set or performance. TO be honest, this is a pain point of working with in telecom. Growing your career a lot of times comes down to "who you know"
Advice to Management
Nurture your loyal and consistent performers. Far too many times I've seen great talent(myself included) walk away for a greater role that could have been a win win for both parties had you chose to promote from within.
“Amazing Company to work for!!!!!”
Current Retail Associate Manager in Hartford, CT
Vibrant and innovative company constantly improving and heading up in the Game.
It's really hard for a Top Sales associate to move higher in the company as they make the same as Assistant Managers.
Advice to Management
Make the hiring process easy and eliminate multiple interviews. Assessment can be a bit shorter for the Job application. Increase Retail Associate Manager Base salaries. They basically run the show and does everything in the store. Managers overlook them but their pay is much more then the assistant managers. Some of the sales associates makes as much as Retail Associate managers. Which prevents top Sales associate to make a move to get into management.
"Best employer that I have ever worked for.”
Current Retail Sales Associate in Fayetteville, GA
T-Mobile legitimately cares about its employees and listens as well. When something isn't right or the employees have an opinion the company always takes appropriate action.
Nothing at this time, but I haven't been employed for that long. Should something change, I'll update my review.
Advice to Management
Keep up the amazing job!
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.