Sr Ent Information Security ManagerAPPLY NOW
Sr Ent Information Security Manager
The Information Security Manager, working with in Corporate Information Security Team will be responsible for liaising with assigned business units on behalf of Corporate Information Security (CIS). These responsibilities will include understanding business-driven projects that involve network and information security, applications, networking and web based technologies. They will be responsible for understanding the Business Unit’s processes and priorities and working with them to manage business impact and threats, through a risk based methodology. Ensures through positive engagement that business goals are met in a secure and compliant manner, according to industry standard regulation
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Make proactive assessments of threat information in and outside the public domain, understanding the threat as it relates to T-Mobile and its customers, and implementing measures to combat the threat.
- Understand the operations of the business and comprehend how these create value and risk for the organization.
- Collaborate with team members, peers and the business unit management team to determine technical information security requirements, planned remediation, and advocate for the program to gain resources to implement appropriate protection technologies and processes.
- Implement and monitor controls necessary to ensure operational processes are performed and are effective to protect the environment from all forms of malicious cyber activity.
- Assist the Governance group in the development and refinement of technical security standards, key performance indicators and other necessary processes to maintain effective operational security, as it relates to the business.
- Make risk-based decisions on a daily basis that has the potential to impact T-Mobile's ability to operate and communicate.
- Ensure the information and network security controls for T-Mobile are appropriate and operating as intended; includes solutions that are directly controlled as well as security solutions that are operated by other internal and external groups.
- Provide status reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to business managers and other management activities that demonstrate the health of the program.
- Interact with internal audit, third party auditors, and appropriate regulatory bodies.
- Support the Information Security policy lifecycle throughout, including all aspects of intake, creation, review, approval, implementation, publishing, communication and maintenance.
- Liaise with and assist outsourced security service providers with vulnerability assessments of business applications, systems and architectures.
- Candidate must have strong technical, influential and organizational skills.
- Prefer six years’ experience in information security related discipline, in addition to several years’ relevant systems and/or network administration experience.
- Expert relationship building and partnering skills, including persuasion, negotiation and consensus building.
- Experience translating emerging IT and business trends into meaningful risk reduction opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a complex matrixed environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret business strategy and align to appropriate security enhancements to achieve business enablement.
- Ability to translate security requirements into business risks and impacts.
- Experience with high level design Architecture, Firewall, Internet, LAN Router, Network, Protocols, Web Services and SOA.
- Strong understanding of encryption, obfuscation and/or tokenization technologies or compensating controls.
- Telecommunications industry expertise, Six Sigma Training, Audit, Compliance & Network experience preferred.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.