Sr Data Scientist (Information Security)APPLY NOW
The Sr Data Scientist role is responsible for developing requirements and specifications that support modeling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. In addition to advanced analytic skills, this role requires proficiency at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, architecting specialized database and computing environments, and communicating results.
The Sr Data Scientist will work closely with data consumers, data owners, project/program managers, and other IT and corporate Information security teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound organizational decisions. Other responsibilities include providing data that is congruent and reliable.
The SR Data Scientist applicant needs to be a creative thinker requiring little oversight who can propose innovative ways to look at problems by using data mining (the process of discovering new patterns from large datasets) approaches on the set of information available. The Data Scientist will need to validate findings using an experimental and iterative approach.
Additionally, the Data Scientist must be able to present back their findings to the business by exposing their assumptions and validation work in a way that can be easily understood by their business counterparts.
Enterprise Core Competencies
The Data Scintist will need a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem solving skills and programming knowledge to be able to quickly cycle hypothesis through the discovery phase of the project. Excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner are required.
- Designs experiments, test hypotheses, and build models
- Conducts advanced data analysis and complex designs algorithm.databases
- Works with stakeholders to identify the requirements and the expected outcome
- Works with and alongside analysts by suggesting other products of interest to the consumer
- Models and frames scenarios that are meaningful and which impact on critical business processes and/or decisions
- Identifies what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information
- Works with teams to support data collection, integration, and retention requirements based on the input collected with the business
- Solves consumer analytics problems and communicates results and methodologies
- Works in iterative processes with the consumer and validates findings
- Develops experimental design approaches to validate finding or test hypotheses
- Validates analysis by comparing appropriate samples
- Employs the appropriate algorithm to discover patterns
- Works with the data owner to ensure that the information used is in compliance with the regulatory and security policies in place
- Qualifies where information can be stored or what information, external to the organization, may be used in support of the use case
- Identifies and analyzes patterns in the volume of data supporting the initiative
- Provides business metrics for the overall project to show improvements (contribution to the improvement should be monitored initially and over multiple iterations)
- Demonstrates the following scientist qualities: clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic, significance, and fairness
- Troubleshoots and implements enhancements and fixes to systems as needed
- Bachelor degree in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field; Master degree strongly preferred
- 5-8 years of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques
- The ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets
- Strong programming skills (such as Hadoop MapReduce or other big data frameworks, Java), and statistical modeling (like SAS or R)
- Experience using machine learning algorithms
- Proficiency in the use of statistical packages
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of current technological trends and developments in the area of information security
- Knowledge of the telecommunication industry
- Previous leadership experience, a plus
- Bachelors Degree, Masters preferred, Mathematics, Statistics or Data Science
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.